In honor of MARS300/CHURCH OF MARS, we are launching a Global Assault on Hunger on Friday & Saturday, December 7 & 8, 2012. As food prices soar and water becoming more scarce the amount of people suffering from hunger is astounding, which is why we are asking the ECHELON Family to get Involved!
There are several ways for the Echelon to let the world know that there is no FAMILY MORE POWERFUL ON THE PLANET THAN OURS. It’s also a great way for those who can’t afford to donate monetary funds to instead donate their time. We’d like this to be a group outing and or effort but if that isn’t possible you alone can make a difference, remember that it takes just one.
OUR MARS MISSION
1. WHAT WE NEED… A serious commitment from you that you are participating in this.
2. As an individual you can volunteer at a local soup kitchen or food pantry for a couple of hours. Find one in your area they are always looking for help. If you can’t give up some time, then bring a bag of non-perishable food to either source above.
3. For groups there needs to be a one or two team Captains for each Country and or State
4. It’s up to the Captains to find a soup kitchen and or food pantry and organize people.
5. Find out what they most need if it’s donations or non-perishable items.
6. Once this is established pick a day that work’s best for everyone, either Friday or Saturday.
7. Get as many volunteers as you can Echelon or not, ask your friends, family, classmates, professors, co-workers, everyone you know to volunteer or donate non-perishable items.
8. If you are delivering Bags or Boxes of food draw the Triad’s or Glyphs on them.
9. If you are volunteering wear your MARS Gear
10. Take lots of pictures and we will upload them to our FB page for the world to see.
DEADLINE ON SUBMITTING YOUR PARTICIPATION IS THE 31ST OF OCTOBER. COME ON LET’S SEE SOME ECHELON CAPTAINS!
YOU CAN SEND YOUR SUBMISSION HERE —> email@example.com
EDUCATING THE ECHELON…
STATS ON HUNGER (Source:http://www.wfp.org/hunger/stats )
- Hunger is the world’s No. 1 Health Risk, more people die of hunger every year than those with AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis combined.
- One in seven people in the world will go to bed hungry tonight
- There are more hungry people in the world than the combined populations of the USA, Canada and the European Union.
MORE HUNGER STATS
- 925 million people do not have enough to eat and 98 percent of them live in developing countries. (Source: FAO news release, 14 September 2010)
- Every 6 seconds a child dies from hunger-related diseases. (Source: FAO Key figures on world hunger, September 2010)
- Women make up a little over half of the world’s population, but they account for over 60 percent of the world’s hungry. (Source: Strengthening efforts to eradicate hunger…, ECOSOC, 2007)
- Undernutrition contributes to five million deaths of children under five each year in developing countries. (Source: Under five deaths by cause, UNICEF, 2006)
- 10.9 million children under five die in developing countries each year. Malnutrition and hunger-related diseases cause 60 percent of the deaths; (Source: The State of the World’s Children, UNICEF, 2007)
- Iron deficiency is the most prevalent form of malnutrition worldwide, affecting an estimated 2 billion people. Eradicating iron deficiency can improve national productivity levels by as much as 20 percent. (Source: World Health Organization, WHO Global Database on Anaemia)
- Iodine deficiency is the greatest single cause of mental retardation and brain damage, affecting 1.9 billion people worldwide. It can easily be prevented by adding iodine to salt.
(Source: World Nutrition Situation 5th report ,UN Standing Committee on Nutrition2005)
Special thanks to @buxomvarla for this motivating idea !